The ShowTime and Galleria themes share very similar feature sets, though there are a few notable differences we'd like to point out between the two themes. As always, we strongly encourage you to download trial versions of both themes to test out all the features and choose the best one for your needs.
Features unique to ShowTime
- The ShowTime theme has three different header styles while Galleria has two.
- The ShowTime theme allows you to place your logo on the left of the menu or in the center of the header. Galleria currently only allows a centered logo.
- The ShowTime theme allows you to natively hide the Add to Cart button and price for products that are priced at $0. Galleria does not have this function.
- The ShowTime theme features a live search feature, which suggests search results as you type. Galleria currently does not.
Features unique to Galleria
- Galleria allows you to place your header on top of background images, such as a slideshow or hero image on the home page, and customizable header images on other pages. ShowTime does not offer such a function.
- Galleria is more image-centric, meaning higher resolution photography is recommended for optimal use.
- Galleria has a unique column slideshow feature. ShowTime does not.
- Galleria features a unique grid-style gallery feature and a lookbook page template. ShowTime does not.
- Galleria offers a FAQ page layout with accordions for questions. ShowTime does not.
- Galleria offers an option to hide sidebar options on the collection pages in an off-canvas menu on desktop. ShowTime only offers this feature on mobile devices.
- Galleria's home page sections offer more customizable layouts when compared to ShowTime. For example, you can create a rich text section in both themes, but Galleria allows you to place an optional image either to the right, left, or on top of the image, while ShowTime only allows you to place the text on top of the image.
Notable features of both themes
- Both themes are optimized for larger inventory stores but are equally suitable for smaller stores.
- Both themes offer optional sticky header options as you scroll down the page.
- Both themes have advanced group filtering capabilities on collection pages.
- Both themes have robust color and typography options, including support for hundreds of Google fonts.
- Both themes are routinely updated with new features and to support new Shopify functionality.
Article is closed for comments.