ShowTime Introduction and Documentation
We are pleased to introduce you to ShowTime version 7! This exciting new theme version has been completely redesigned and re-coded from the ground up.
Be sure to check out our demos to see what you can do with this theme.
- Online Store 2.0 support - you can now add sections on every page of your site, utilize new collection filtering, and much more!
- Vastly improved performance - the entire codebase has been rewritten from scratch with performance and SEO in mind
- Enhanced visual design that features a familiar look for past users, along with modern touches utilizing the latest in web technology
- Exclusive: The most robust menu and navigation system available in any theme. Custom menu types for the header allow you to create multi-column mega menus with images, drawer menus for product categories, feature products, recently viewed products, collections with images, and much more. Learn more
- Exclusive: Upsell feature for products allows you to specify related products to upsell to your customers from the product pages. Learn more
- Exclusive: Popup gallery feature allows you to showcase products "in the wild" in an attractive, Instagram-style image grid
- New, extremely customizable product pages allow you to turn features on and off at will, add custom accordions, short descriptions, trust icons, and more
- Added option for customers to enter email address to be notified when out-of-stock products come back in stock
- Added live search function, which shows relevant and useful search results as you type search terms
- Added support for Shopify Markets features
- Many image-based sections allow you to add separate images for desktop and mobile
- Added more robust video options, with the ability to add videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or upload your own MP4
- Enhanced product gallery offers more options to showcase images, video, and augmented reality models
- Added stylish animation for imagery and sections as they load
We've created some articles and video tutorials for some of the advanced features of ShowTime version 7. While these won't cover all aspects of the theme, they should help you navigate the more complex functions.
- Setting up header, navigation options, and mega menus (video tutorial)
- Structuring and customizing the product page
- Using the "Buy With" upsell features
- Creating custom page and product templates
- Creating advanced custom templates using metafields
- Setting up storefront filtering on collection and search pages
- Setting up color swatches as product variations
- Adding tabs or accordions to product pages
- Making minor font, color, and layout edits using Custom CSS
- Adding videos and other media to the product gallery
- Connect the theme to MailChimp, Klaviyo, or another mailing list provider
- How to create a contact page
- How to enable and configure the password page
- How to add product reviews
- How to hide prices and the "add to cart" button
- Enabling and using the Dynamic checkout button
- Guide to proper image sizes for various theme sections
- How to edit stock messages, button text, and other theme text
- How to edit the appearance of the checkout page
- How to hide the "Powered by Shopify" credit in the footer
- How to update to the latest version of the theme
- Tips to improve the performance of your store
Shopify has released a lot of new features recently, so it can be hard to keep up with the latest. We've compiled a few articles from their help center that will help you make the most of the Pursuit theme's features.