Galleria Theme Introduction and Documentation
We are pleased to introduce you to Galleria version 3! This exciting new theme version has been months in the making and has many great benefits over prior versions.
Be sure to check out our updated demos to see what you can do with this theme.
- Online Store 2.0 support - you can now add sections on every page of your site, utilize new collection filtering, and much more!
- Vastly improved performance - the entire codebase has been rewritten from scratch with performance and SEO in mind
- Enhanced visual design that features a familiar look for past users, along with modern touches utilizing the latest in web technology
- New, extremely customizable product pages allow you to turn features on and off at will, add custom accordions, short descriptions, and more
- Added live search function, which shows results as you type search terms
- Added more robust mega menu support with the ability to add image columns
- Many image-based sections allow you to add separate images for desktop and mobile
- Added more robust video options, with the ability to add videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or upload your own MP4
- Added clickable color swatches on collection pages to quickly access that color on the product page
- Enhanced product gallery offers more options to showcase images, video, and augmented reality models
- Many sections feature more design and layout options
- Added stylish animation for imagery and sections as they load
- Added options for new collection page badges, such as "New" and "Free"
- Added ability to show savings percentage or dollar value savings to the collection grid
- Added ability to show the second product image on hover on the collection grid
We are working on some new articles and video tutorials that will help you learn to setup and use Galleria 3.0+. We'll continue adding more articles and videos as time passes.
- Setting up header, navigation options, and mega menus (video tutorial)
- Exploring and setting up product page options
- Creating custom page and product templates
- Creating advanced custom templates using metafields
- Setting up storefront filtering on collection and search pages
- Setting up color swatches as product variations
- Adding tabs or accordions to product pages
- Making minor font, color, and layout edits using Custom CSS
- Adding videos and other media to the product gallery
- Connect the theme to MailChimp, Klaviyo, or another mailing list provider
- How to create a contact page
- How to enable and configure the password page
- How to add product reviews
- How to hide prices and the "add to cart" button
- Enabling and using the Dynamic checkout button
- Guide to proper image sizes for various theme sections
- How to edit stock messages, button text, and other theme text
- How to edit the appearance of the checkout page
- How to hide the "Powered by Shopify" credit in the footer
- How to update to the latest version of the theme
- Tips to improve the performance of your store
Shopify has released a lot of new features recently, so it can be hard to keep up with the latest. We've compiled a few articles from their help center that will help you make the most of the Pursuit theme's features.