Galleria theme change log
From this point forward, you can follow the release notes of the Galleria theme by visiting the listing page in the Shopify Theme Store, scrolling down and clicking on the "Support and documentation" tab. There you will find release notes for each new version we release.
January 10, 2023
- Added support for image focal points
January 9, 2023
- Fixed issue with swatches display on collection page
- Fixed issue with variant selector for the Featured product section
November 3, 2022
- Added some missing SEO optimized headings
- Product gallery UX improvements for horizontal thumbnails
July 29, 2022
- Fixed a bug where color swatches sometimes display incorrect color
July 29, 2022
- Fixed issue where quantity selector would not work properly in certain circumstances
July 22, 2022
- Added a new logo list section
- Removed hover animations on touch devices
- Fixed issue where cart note would not transmit in certain situations
- Social media links now open in new tab
- Minor settings wording adjustments
April 8, 2022
- Added Shopify Markets support
February 1, 2022
- Fixed bug for where product option selection would be cut off on products with lots of options
- Fixed slideshow flashing issue in some versions of Safari
- Removed some legacy files
January 11, 2022
- Fixed issue with third-level navigation not being tappable on mobile devices
January 10, 2022
- Patched bug in certain versions of Firefox where images would “flash” around the screen
- Fixed issue with cart page and drawer where you could not tap the checkout button in certain circumstances on mobile devices
- Fixed issue with some full-screen banners on mobile having bottom text cut-off
- Fixed issue with text wrapping when using text instead of a logo
January 6, 2022
- Fixed issue where text is sometimes cutoff in column slider on mobile
- Fixed issue with larger logos not fitting properly on mobile
- Updated image with text section so images always appear stacked on top of text on mobile
- Fixed drawer cart margin issues when no items are in the cart on mobile
- Fixed minor "flash" issue when swiping through slides in a slideshow section on iOS devices
January 4, 2022
- Fixed missing app block in product-meta.liquid
- Fixed missing escape filters in several files
- Updated JS code for variant selection to better handle variants with quotation marks in them
- Fixed an issue with the header height in Safari browsers
- Added pagination dots to column slider on mobile to indicate the ability to scroll multiple slides
- Fixed bug with contact form where the form would not submit in certain circumstances
- Fixed issue with responsiveness of videos added in the rich text editor
- Various other minor bug fixes
December 22, 2021
- Minor bug fixes
December 17, 2021
Version 3.0 of Galleria is a major release. This exciting new theme version has been months in the making and has many great benefits over prior versions. Some of these benefits include:
- Online Store 2.0 support - you can now add sections on every page of your site, utilize new collection filtering, and much more!
- Vastly improved performance - the entire codebase has been rewritten from scratch with performance and SEO in mind
- Enhanced visual design that features a familiar look for past users, along with modern touches utilizing the latest in web technology
March 29, 2021
- Fixed bug where currency would show in USD in some areas regardless of what currency is active in the storefront
March 25, 2021
- Ajax calls now using routes dynamically
- Fixed bug when out of stock product could be added to cart (product selection logic)
February 1, 2021
- Updates to support Shopify's new subscriptions functionality
- Minor styling and speed improvements
November 19, 2020
- Added support for Shopify's new store pickup availability feature
- Updated rich text and hero image sections on the home page to offer a "maintain image aspect ratio" option
September 29, 2020
- SASS deprecation - the theme no longer uses SASS for the stylesheets and has reverted to regular CSS (Shopify requirement)
- Social media image updates - Instead of adding a social media image in theme settings, you now add it within Shopify itself. The theme has been updated to support the new location
- Includes deprecation - This is a coding update requirement from Shopify that does not affect the look or functionality of the theme
- Added unit pricing support
- Fixed a few hardcoded text strings that should've been language variables
- General performance improvement
Version 2.3, 2.3.1, 2.3.2
- Various minor bug fixes
February 13, 2020
- Added support for Shopify's new product media functionality
- Removed Instagram section from home page (Shopify requirement). Learn more about why this happened here.
- Added new settings to allow merchants to hide pricing and cart button throughout the theme for catalog-only stores
- Cleaned up stylesheet and moved code to a second file to alleviate compile issues on Shopify's servers
- Various minor bug fixes
August 21, 2019
- Improved layout and appearance of orders table on order history page
- Removed theme credits from footer (Shopify requirement)
- Added new page.list-collections-menu.liquid template so users can create a page of sub collections with a menu
- Improved layout of additional checkout buttons
- Various minor bug fixes
June 27, 2019
- Added support for Shopify's new automatic discount feature
- Added support for Shopify's new product recommendations feature
- Adjusted quick view function so direct quick view links do not show up in Google Merchant Center as "not optimized for mobile"
- Added support for Vimeo videos back into the theme in video sections
- Updated schema tags to account for some changes in Google Rich Snippets requirements
- Updated swatches functionality to use the Files area in Shopify instead of the assets folder in the theme
- Adjusted cart modal so it no longer fills the whole screen and altered layout slightly on mobile to accommodate new discounts functionality
April 29, 2019
- Added option to show full-width hero, newsletter and rich text sections with a parallax scrolling effect
- Fixed error with gallery and product grid items breaking to a new line in certain versions of Safari browser
- Added option to maintain aspect ratio of slideshow images in column slideshow on mobile
- Improved styling of text on product pages and home page featured product section when the <!-- split --> function is used
- Updated coding to prevent quick view code content to be indexed by search engines
March 7, 2019
- Fixed a bug that would cause heading text to overlap content on customer pages
February 26, 2019
Version 2.0 of Galleria is a major update. It has been completely redesigned with a new look and feel. Every section and page has been updated and improved, and there are too many new features to list. We wrote a blog post with a new overview video that explains some of the highlights. We encourage you to explore the demos (Empire, Boutique and Showroom) and download a trial of the theme from the Shopify theme store to try out all the options!
December 14, 2018
- Improved sticky menu to reduce jerkiness at some resolutions
- Fixed minor bug with inventory management
- Enabled smart checkout button by default (Shopify requirement)
July 16, 2018
- Fixed bug with Password page rendering
- Adjusted payment method icons to use Shopify's new SVG files
- Fixed bug that prevented slideshow images from rotating automatically
- Added option to choose light or dark background to cart and search modals
- Added code to prevent <!-- split --> tagging from appearing in quick view
June 7, 2018
- Minor bug fixes
June 1, 2018
- Added support for Shopify's new font picker, which allows you to choose from many more fonts for your store
- Added new “page” section for the home page so you can show the content of any Shopify page on your home page
- Added fallback for responsive images in IE11
- Added ability to choose a social media image via theme settings that will show when certain pages of your site are shared
April 17, 2018
- Added support for Shopify's new Dynamic Checkout Button feature. Essentially, what this does is optionally adds another button to product pages and quick view that allows your customers to bypass the cart and go right to checkout if they just want to buy that item right away. It is a smart button that will appear differently based on your payment settings. For example, on Safari browsers and iOS devices, a "Buy with Apple Pay" button may appear so users can checkout immediately with Apple Pay. Read more about it in the link added above.
April 4, 2018
Image rendering and page speed enhancements:
- Added lazy-loading support to all images throughout the theme so they do not load until the user scrolls to them in the viewport.
- Adjusted image sizing throughout the theme to ensure that only the image sizes necessary are loaded based on the screen size and device used.
- Improved rendering of images on Retina and other high-resolution devices.
New features and enhancements
- Added related products to product page.
- Replaced click to zoom function on product page with a hover zoom effect and the ability to click the image to see a larger version.
- Added "simple" menu option to the horizontal menu so you can display your menu with either nested drop-down menus or multi-column mega menus.
- Added optional cart notes feature to modal cart.
- Added option to display bullets or arrows to the home page slideshow (slides only, not column slideshow).
- Added option to forgo cropping of slides in full-width slideshow so original aspect ratio is maintained.
- Adjusted coding on product page so you can use both the short description and tab features simultaneously.
- Added ability to swipe through images in the product gallery on mobile devices instead of just clicking thumbnails.
- Added logout link and welcome message to customer account page.
- Enhancements to heading areas with background images so they aren't so "jumpy".
- Combined scripts and CSS files where possible to reduce load times.
- Set a default background image for the 404 and password pages.
- Fixed issue where product images in the grid would appear cut in half on hover in FireFox and certain versions of Internet Explorer.
- Fixed issue where mega menu would appear in a single long column under certain circumstances.
- Fixed issue where product reviews would show outside the container after a review is added.
- Fixed issue where if you remove the newsletter signup box from a footer block, the social icons would also disappear.