February 13, 2020
- Added support for Shopify's new product media functionality
- Removed Instagram section from home page (Shopify requirement). Learn more about why this happened here.
- Added new settings to allow merchants to hide pricing and cart button throughout the theme for catalog-only stores
- Cleaned up stylesheet and moved code to a second file to alleviate compile issues on Shopify's servers
- Various minor bug fixes
August 21, 2019
- Improved layout and appearance of orders table on order history page
- Removed theme credits from footer (Shopify requirement)
- Added new page.list-collections-menu.liquid template so users can create a page of sub collections with a menu
- Improved layout of additional checkout buttons
- Various minor bug fixes
June 27, 2019
- Added support for Shopify's new automatic discount feature
- Added support for Shopify's new product recommendations feature
- Adjusted quick view function so direct quick view links do not show up in Google Merchant Center as "not optimized for mobile"
- Added support for Vimeo videos back into the theme in video sections
- Updated schema tags to account for some changes in Google Rich Snippets requirements
- Updated swatches functionality to use the Files area in Shopify instead of the assets folder in the theme
- Adjusted cart modal so it no longer fills the whole screen and altered layout slightly on mobile to accommodate new discounts functionality
April 29, 2019
- Added option to show full-width hero, newsletter and rich text sections with a parallax scrolling effect
- Fixed error with gallery and product grid items breaking to a new line in certain versions of Safari browser
- Added option to maintain aspect ratio of slideshow images in column slideshow on mobile
- Improved styling of text on product pages and home page featured product section when the <!-- split --> function is used
- Updated coding to prevent quick view code content to be indexed by search engines
March 7, 2019
- Fixed a bug that would cause heading text to overlap content on customer pages
February 26, 2019
Version 2.0 of Galleria is a major update. It has been completely redesigned with a new look and feel. Every section and page has been updated and improved, and there are too many new features to list. We wrote a blog post with a new overview video that explains some of the highlights. We encourage you to explore the demos (Empire, Boutique and Showroom) and download a trial of the theme from the Shopify theme store to try out all the options!
December 14, 2018
- Improved sticky menu to reduce jerkiness at some resolutions
- Fixed minor bug with inventory management
- Enabled smart checkout button by default (Shopify requirement)
July 16, 2018
- Fixed bug with Password page rendering
- Adjusted payment method icons to use Shopify's new SVG files
- Fixed bug that prevented slideshow images from rotating automatically
- Added option to choose light or dark background to cart and search modals
- Added code to prevent <!-- split --> tagging from appearing in quick view
June 7, 2018
- Minor bug fixes
June 1, 2018
- Added support for Shopify's new font picker, which allows you to choose from many more fonts for your store
- Added new “page” section for the home page so you can show the content of any Shopify page on your home page
- Added fallback for responsive images in IE11
- Added ability to choose a social media image via theme settings that will show when certain pages of your site are shared
April 17, 2018
- Added support for Shopify's new Dynamic Checkout Button feature. Essentially, what this does is optionally adds another button to product pages and quick view that allows your customers to bypass the cart and go right to checkout if they just want to buy that item right away. It is a smart button that will appear differently based on your payment settings. For example, on Safari browsers and iOS devices, a "Buy with Apple Pay" button may appear so users can checkout immediately with Apple Pay. Read more about it in the link added above.
April 4, 2018
Image rendering and page speed enhancements:
- Added lazy-loading support to all images throughout the theme so they do not load until the user scrolls to them in the viewport.
- Adjusted image sizing throughout the theme to ensure that only the image sizes necessary are loaded based on the screen size and device used.
- Improved rendering of images on Retina and other high-resolution devices.
New features and enhancements
- Added related products to product page.
- Replaced click to zoom function on product page with a hover zoom effect and the ability to click the image to see a larger version.
- Added "simple" menu option to the horizontal menu so you can display your menu with either nested drop-down menus or multi-column mega menus.
- Added optional cart notes feature to modal cart.
- Added option to display bullets or arrows to the home page slideshow (slides only, not column slideshow).
- Added option to forgo cropping of slides in full-width slideshow so original aspect ratio is maintained.
- Adjusted coding on product page so you can use both the short description and tab features simultaneously.
- Added ability to swipe through images in the product gallery on mobile devices instead of just clicking thumbnails.
- Added logout link and welcome message to customer account page.
- Enhancements to heading areas with background images so they aren't so "jumpy".
- Combined scripts and CSS files where possible to reduce load times.
- Set a default background image for the 404 and password pages.
- Fixed issue where product images in the grid would appear cut in half on hover in FireFox and certain versions of Internet Explorer.
- Fixed issue where mega menu would appear in a single long column under certain circumstances.
- Fixed issue where product reviews would show outside the container after a review is added.
- Fixed issue where if you remove the newsletter signup box from a footer block, the social icons would also disappear.
- Other minor fixes