We are pleased to introduce you to Galleria 3.0! This exciting new theme version has been months in the making and has many great benefits over prior versions. Some of these benefits include:
- Online Store 2.0 support - you can now add sections on every page of your site, utilize new collection filtering, and much more!
- Vastly improved performance - the entire codebase has been rewritten from scratch with performance and SEO in mind
- Enhanced visual design that features a familiar look for past users, along with modern touches utilizing the latest in web technology
Be sure to check out our updated demos to see what's new.
What's changed from version 2.x?
Quite a bit has changed. We've added quite a few new features, while eliminating some others. Here's a brief rundown.
New or Updated Features
- Support for "sections everywhere" features of Online Store 2.0
- Completely new codebase offers dramatically improved performance
- Fresh design
- Added support for storefront filtering, which allows you to natively filter products by availability, price, variant options, and more
- New, extremely customizable product pages allow you to turn features on and off at will, add custom accordions, short descriptions, and more
- Added live search function, which shows results as you type search terms
- Added more robust mega menu support with the ability to add image columns
- Many image-based sections allow you to add separate images for desktop and mobile
- Added more robust video options, with the ability to add videos from YouTube, Vimeo, or upload your own MP4
- Added clickable color swatches on collection pages to quickly access that color on the product page
- Enhanced product gallery offers more options to showcase images, video, and augmented reality models
- Many sections feature more design and layout options
- Added stylish animation for imagery and sections as they load
- Added options for new collection page badges, such as "New" and "Free"
- Added ability to show savings percentage or dollar value savings to the collection grid
- Added ability to show the second product image on hover on the collection grid
Quick view feature removed
The vast majority of options that existed in version 2.x have been brought over to this version, but the main feature we elected to leave out is the quick view feature.
While we know this is a popular feature, it is generally the cause of severe performance issues on collection pages, featured products, etc. With Google placing intense focus on performance requirements for websites as it relates to SEO placement, we made the decision to eliminate this feature for now. We may add it again later to a future version if we can find ways to add it without dramatically affecting performance.
We apologize for any disappointment caused by this omission, but we are very proud of the excellent performance we've been able to squeeze out of this theme. Keep in mind that there are also apps out there that offer this feature if it's a must-have for your store.
We are working on some new articles and video tutorials that will help you learn to setup and use Galleria 3.0+. We'll continue adding more articles and videos as time passes.
- How to setup product filtering (using either tag filtering or Shopify's new storefront filtering)
- How to setup navigation and mega menus
- How to setup advanced page/product layouts using Online Store 2.0 features
Keep an eye on this page for this new content as it's added over the coming days. If you have questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support staff.